Saturday, August 10, 2013

TRAPUNTO BABY QUILT

The up-coming arrival of our first grandchild was always going to be a big occasion and I purchased a printed baby cot panel with the intention of trying out the technique called Trapunto.

On the reverse side of the panel, I laid down some pieces of bamboo batting and then using my walking foot, sewed around the balloons, and each individual animal in the boat.  I then cut away any excess batting, which gave the balloons and animals a plump look.

Then I continued as for a normal quilt using batting and backing. I outlined stitched all the pictures and then stippled the main background of the quilt.  I also did horizontal stitching on the blue top rim of the boat and pebble free-motion around the name.


 I could have done heaps more free motion on this quilt but in the end, was more than happy with the result.



2 comments:

Seams Sew Together said...

Looks good Dawn!

Unknown said...

Amazing quilt the colour and theme are perfect for a baby. The quality and detail is wonderful. Jake looks beautiful lying on this masterpiece

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...