Sunday, August 17, 2014

HEIRLOOM CREAM ON CREAM - BLOCK TWO

Our second block class for the Heirloom Cream on Cream and we created what I call, a Peep Block.

We edged white print-on-print material with lace and piping, then folded and sewed to create a square with the center four pieces opening up to reveal a secret surprise.      I chose to do a candlewick lattice heart in the center but there were others with pieces of lace or embroidery, whatever your fancy.  Lace cut-outs were then sewn out from the centre square to fill the block out.

Full Block with Peep closed




Peep Open to reveal heart
Block three coming up and its a Crazy Patchwork piece.....stay tuned for the pics

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Dawn,thats gorgeous,well done.xx

Fiona said...

looks so delicate and pretty...
Hugz

Noela said...

A beautiful block Dawn. hugs.....

Melody said...

So beautiful

Lisa J. said...

This is really lovely. it looks quite intricate. I'm impressed.

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I've never seen something like that and I find it absolutely gorgeous! I went to see block 1... your work on the two is beautifully done. I'm looking forward the rest of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...