Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PATCHWORK LOVES EMBROIDERY S.A.L. - Project #2 Sewing Folder

There is nothing nicer than just sitting down in front of the television with a needle and thread, and Gail Pan's new book makes it even better with so many lovely projects to make.

I still had enough material left over from my first project to make my second and as I loved the colours so much, I thought why not !

The sewing folder is just perfect to transport all of my hand sewing requirements around without losing anything.  I can pop in my trusty glasses, small scissors, threads, needles and now even my embroidery hoop, simply tie it all up and off I go.

Front of Sewing Folder

 
Holds all my goodies
 
 
I did change a few little instructions and I attached the round appliques with satin stitch because I knew my needle turn technique is not that good. 
 
Also, I used bag wadding instead of normal wadding and this has given the folder a really sturdy feel, more like a book and it holds its shape much better. 
 
Just loved the embroidery and cant wait to get onto the next project.
 
See you all soon xxx  
 
 
 
 

 


15 comments:

Christine B said...

Hi Dawn! Your sewing folder is beautiful! Lovely stitching and I really like the fabrics you have used! Good idea to use sturdier batting to give it more strength! Looking forward to seeing what you make next! :) x

Martina said...

It turned out so lovely!!! The fabrics are so beautiful, so worth to use it for your second project. Just great!
Happy stitching,
hugs Martina

Noela said...

Your sewing folder is beautiful Dawn. Have just purchased some of those Lynette Andersen fabrics. They are so pretty and look lovely in your folder. Hugs.....

Linda said...

Dawn I love those colors! All your stitching looks so perfect. You are making me want to keep mine instead of giving it away. ;) Beautiful job.

I had trouble with the flower petals. I did a huge lazy daisy, and it didn't work very well - I had to secure the big loops with a tiny stitch here and there. Did you do a lazy daisy or a stem stitch? Also, what is bag wadding? I wish mine had more body.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Dawn,
you forlder has turned out great. Thank you for the hint with the wadding. I am planning on working this project as well and had thought about wadding, but was not sure.
You are so right about the fun these stitching patterns are. I love them too. I guess, when we have finished all the projects we will start of with gifts? Just so we can continue stitching these lovely designs.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

wow love this Dawn,well done.xx

Krisell said...

Hello Dawn,

this is a pretty folder. It's a very good idea to use bag wadding. I used 100% cotton which was suggested in Gail Pan's book. It's okay but I wish my folder was a little sturdier.

Christine M said...

Lovely sewing folder, Dawn.

Utili said...

Wunderschön ist der Stickordner und der schöne Stoff von Lynette Anderson passt so super dazu, ja es macht Spaß aus dem tollen Buch von Gail Pan zu zu arbeiten und die schönen Muster zu sticken.

LG Uta

Unknown said...

WOW - I love it, dear Dawn!! The fabric are so lovely and your stitching is soooo beautiful!!
Have a great week
Warm hugs
Deborah

Unknown said...

WOW - I love it, dear Dawn!! The fabric are so lovely and your stitching is soooo beautiful!!
Have a great week
Warm hugs
Deborah

Unknown said...

WOW - I love it, dear Dawn!! The fabric are so lovely and your stitching is soooo beautiful!!
Have a great week
Warm hugs
Deborah

Unknown said...

WOW - I love it, dear Dawn!! The fabric are so lovely and your stitching is soooo beautiful!!
Have a great week
Warm hugs
Deborah

Unknown said...

WOW - I love it, dear Dawn!! The fabric are so lovely and your stitching is soooo beautiful!!
Have a great week
Warm hugs
Deborah

Steffi said...

Liebe Dawn,
was für eine Freude deine wunderschöne Stickerei zu betrachten!
Liebe Grüße aus dem Urlaub sendet dir
Steffi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...