Sunday, September 20, 2015

BELLA GARDEN - FNSI

My McKenna Ryan quilt - Bella Garden is a long term project and I am very happy to say, she is almost finished !!!

Thanks to Wendy of Sugarlane Designs,  I spent Friday night  getting the binding ready (there is so much of it!), now all I have to do it put it on.  I just couldn't wait to show you the photos, now that she is back from Mandy my great long-arm quilter friend.


It has taken me almost 2 years to stay on track and keep going, but its worth it now.









Just love the centre panel with those gorgeous flowers and sweet butterflies.






Mandy did a wonderful job of filling in the background with Ricky Doodles (thats what I call them??)  and swirls all around the border... Lovely
















I love feathers so I asked to have some put in and look what she came up with.  (I've just noticed  I need to  embroider a little eye on my mouse..oops).



















Check out the water fill quilting that goes all around the gorgeous blue water and sky.


















My favorite part is the Wisteria, very time consuming to do but it came up a treat.








If you would like to see my progress making this quilt, check out my Bella Garden label on the side, to see how each block came into being  Or pop on over to the McKenna Ryan Group here to see other terrific McKenna Ryan projects

This one is going in the entry hall when its finished.  Its too nice to hide away in a cupboard so I have Mr H rearranging furniture so I can find a wall big enough to hang her.







14 comments:

PaintedThread said...

So very pretty! I love the colors and the stitching.

Cath said...

It is stunning and I just wish I had the patience to do a McKenna Ryan quilt. Beautifully quilted too! It is obvious you are more than thrilled by this finish and so you should be....well done!

Susan said...

Its gorgeous! and thanks for the link up to the group blog - oh gosh I have really neglected that blog and that project - maybe over Christmas . . . .
the quilting is wonderfull too.

Sharm said...

Oh, WOW!!! Just Wow!!! What a fabulous job and yes the quilting job compliments it so well!!

Christine B said...

What a beautiful quilt.... such a fabulous work of art! Stunning quilting too! Have a good week! Christine x

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn!

Sheryl said...

What a very beautiful quilt. The flowers and colours are stunning. Good place to hang it in the hall so everyone can admire it.

Anthea said...

oh my goodness Dawn, this is just incredible! so much work & it's simply amazing! Congratulations & massive woo hoo being sent your way!
What more do you need to do to it?

Debbie said...

McKenna Ryan's patterns are so beautiful but always a challenge. It is beautiful. Your longarm quilter did a lovely job...but I'm sure it helped that she had a well constructed top to quilt.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Dawn,
this is just such a gorgeous quilt, wonderful applique. You are so talented.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Linda said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I would proudly hang it in my entry too. Great accomplishment Dawn!

Anonymous said...

wow this is just amazing Dawn,i love it the colours are beautiful,well done xx

Renee said...

Dawn, this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful, beautiful work. Wow!

Seams Sew Together said...

It was a pleasure to quilt this for you Dawn, its exciting reading your comments. Its a
Beautiful quilt you should be very proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...