Sunday, June 19, 2016

YOKO SAITO "HOUSES"


How nice are some people, especially quilters...Helen from Helens Patchwork Passion  invited me to join her, Sue and Julia (no blogs) to get together to work on this beautiful quilt by Yoko Saito.

I only met Helen thru blogging and she's been so generous both in her knowledge and in sharing her supplies....big thanks to you Helen 💐💐💐💐

I've almost finished Block 1 - all needle turn (although I did use some appliqué paper on the small pieces) 


We are using Japanese woven material which I'm finding does fray quite a bit so the idea is not to fiddle with it too much, easy said than done with needle turn!
The embroidery accentuates the features and finishes off each piece nicely.




This type of quilting is more rustic than normal but the finished quilt is quite stunning and all hand worked which is so relaxing.

We are all meeting up this Thursday to start the next block so I'd better finish my embroidery ready to go again.....I'll keep posting each block to show you the process.


7 comments:

Christine M said...

Your block is looking wonderful, Dawn.

Susan said...

What a wonderful project....I have the pattern,....and the fabrics....just lacking time....and maybe enthusiasm for a big project.

Helen said...

So pleased you are enjoying this project Dawn, your block looks fantastic :)

Anthea said...

Oh beautiful work Dawn... I'm sure you'll enjoy stitching in company with the ladies... x

sigisart said...

Dear Dawn,
what a gorgeous block, the fabrics are so lovely and your applique is exquisite.
Many hugs
sigisart

Christine B said...

Hello Dawn! What a beautiful block and how nice to get together with other blogger friends to make the quilt! Enjoy a wonderful week! Christine x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn ,such beautiful work and Helen is such a lovely friend,enjoy your next catchup there .....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...